Using Design Surveys section of the dashboard you can view the list of surveys in your study, add new surveys, edit or delete the current ones, or release them to participants. To access Design Surveys section:
- From the left panel, open Projects list.
- From Projects, extend the study you plan to modify by clicking on the study name.
- From the options appearing for the study, select Design.
- From the options appearing for Design, select Surveys.
You can add a new survey by clicking on Add New Survey button here. This will open Ethica Survey Editor, which you can use to define your survey. You can read more about Ethica Survey Editor here.
When you define one or more surveys for your study, you can see their complete list here:
This list includes the following information:
- ID: The ID of the survey. Each survey in Ethica is assigned a unique ID to be differentiated across the system. This ID is shown here.
- Type: The type of the survey. It can be one of the Eligibility, Baseline, Generic, or Exit surveys. Each of these is explained in more details in Survey Types section.
- Name: The friendly name assigned to this survey.
- Expires After: How long the survey remains valid on participants device, waiting for a response. You can read more about Expiry Time here.
- Triggering Logic:: How the survey is expected to be promoted to the participant. This can be one of the User Triggered, Scheduled Trigger, or Advanced Trigger. You can read more about Triggering Logic here.
- # of Question Sets: How many question sets are defined for this survey. This value is usually 1, except in certain cases.
You can read more about each of these values and what they mean in Surveys section. Clicking on each row will expand the row and shows a few more information about the survey, including the number of pages and number of questions defined in the survey. You will also have three options for each survey:
- Edit will open the survey in Survey Editor and allows you to modify it.
- Delete will remove the survey. Note that similar to any other changes, by removing a survey you are not removing it from participants' devices. You need to separately update the device for each participant currently enrolled, as described before.
- Release Now will release the survey to one or more participants
Deleting a survey does not delete the responses currently provided for that survey.
While each survey has a certain logic defining when it has to be prompted to the participant, there will be scenarios where you need to trigger the survey on one or more participant's devices right away. You can do that using Release Survey option in the Design Surveys section. In order to do that, select the survey you want to release, and press Release Now. This will open the dialog asking for the participants who you expect to receive the survey:
After selecting the participants, pressing Release will send the survey to participants. Participants will receive the surveys right away, if they are currently online, or as soon as they become online. You can read more about manually triggering surveys in Survey Types section.